Thursday, August 26, 2010

New Grandbaby Due In September

Front

Back

Click both photos to enlarge.....

I just finished this Baby Tag Blankie for my new grandson due in September. It's a small blankie with a variety of colors, patterns, and textures for the eyes, touch and to play with.

I used a pattern from a Quick Cuts leaflet and Quick Cuts 5 piece Fat Quarter Flannel Bundle both purchased at Walmart. The various ribbon pieces came from my ribbon remnant jar.

I changed the pattern a bit - adding zig-zag decorative stitching accenting the patchwork front, 2 rows of top stitching around the whole piece for super baby safety holding all ribbons securely and a hang tag/grab and tote tag.

Oh, and I used bias tape and some craft thread to create a made by tag that I then machine stitched onto the blankie.

No comments: