Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Super Easy Monkey Bread


I've been wanting to make some Monkey Bread for awhile now so when I saw Paula on The Talk on Halloween giving out her recipe, I decided to make it for our Halloween.

Paula Deen's Monkey Bread

3-12 oz cans of refrig. biscuits (I used Pillsbury Grands jr - Golden Homestyle Buttermilk) 10 to a can.
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 stick of butter (8 T)
1 cup packed light brown sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a large bundt pan.
3. Mix in a bowl - 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons (or to your liking) of cinnamon.
4. Cut each biscuit into 4ths and roll each in the sugar/cinnamon mixture and drop into greased pan.
5. Melt 1 stick of butter (I used Blue Bonnet stick) and mix it well with 1 cup packed light brown sugar.
6. Pour mixture evenly over the arranged, rolled biscuit 4ths.
7. Bake for about 45 to 55 min. Mine was done a little before 45 min.
8. Remove from oven and cool in pan for only 5 min. and then invert while hot onto a plate.

Next time, for just hubby and me, I'm cutting the recipe in half.

No comments: