Friday, July 20, 2012

kittyred's Mustard Potato Salad

I think everyone's favorite potato salad tastes a bit different. I started with a recipe from the vintage Kitchen-Klatter COOKBOOK. I wasn't happy with it so I reworked it to my tastes. And, I don't think most leave the skins on their potatoes. I like doing that if you have good, smooth, unblemished potatoes.


kittyred's MUSTARD POTATO SALAD
- Make it at night, ready for your picnic the next day.

5 medium, cooked russet potatoes/skins, diced larger than rest of ingredients.
6 hard-boiled eggs, diced a bit smaller than pototoes
1 medium green pepper, diced small
3 stalks celery, diced small
salt and pepper
paprika

Boil whole potatoes just until tender, don't overcook. Cool and dice into a large bowl leaving the skins on. Add diced eggs, green pepper and celery. Salt and pepper to taste.

DRESSING

2 Tbls. catsup
2 Tbls. yellow mustard
1-1/2 cup salad dressing

Mix with a fork until blended well and add to potato mixture.

Mix well and garnish with paprika. Or leave one egg out, slice in an egg slicer and use along with the paprika as a garnish.

Chill overnight.

No comments: