Monday, September 17, 2012

Squash & Potato Corn Chowder

I'm fighting bronchitis again for the second time this year and before I felt too bad I made some soup over the weekend. I'm tired of not being able to do much so I thought before I ate lunch I'd make this post and give you my recipe.


kittyred's Squash, Potato & Corn Chowder

A perfect soup for Autumn days and nights. I prepared mine in a crock pot.


Ingredients:

As a base, instead of using a chicken broth or veg. broth I used 1 box (4 cups) of Butternut Squash Soup by Pacific Foods that I purchased at Walmart.

5 medium potatoes peeled and cut into small pieces or cubes
16 oz of frozen corn
1/8 teaspoon celery seed
1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
2 teaspoons of dried parsley
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 small green pepper, chopped into small pieces/cubes
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup of milk (stir in after soup is done) I also added some cooked bow tie pasta.

I set the crock pot on high while I filled it with all the ingredients minus the milk and pasta and then turned it down to LOW and let it cook/simmer just until the potatoes were done. I took the lid off occasionally to check potatoes and the soup was ready in about 5 hours. Then, I stirred in the 1 cup of milk and cooked pasta and let it warm for 15 min. or so.

No comments: