Monday, January 11, 2010

Loom Knit Set


To start the new year this is the set of wrist warmers/fingerless gloves and matching scarf that I made for my daughter. Wrist warmers are popular again because of the movie, "New Moon".

I started out making wrist warmers using an on-line pattern and then created my own pattern. But, this pair was made using that pattern making a few changes of my own along the way (ie. a smaller thumb hole and a longer length) and using a different size and brand of loom after looming a pair as per pattern directions.

Yarns used:

Wrist warmers - Red Heart Super Saver in the color 0360 Cafe (100% Acrylic - #4) held together as one with a discontinued yarn by Universal Yarn, Inc. called Twister Space in the color #26 (44% Polyamide, 34% Wool, 17% Acrylic, 5% Cotton - #5 Bulky).

Loom Used: "In The Attic" purple, flexible mitten loom (the larger of the set)

Scarf - Red Heart Super Saver in the color 0360 Cafe (100% Acrylic) held together as one with Bernat Softee Chunky in the color Natural (100% Acrylic - # 5 Bulky).

Loom Used: I used the same loom for the scarf as I did the wrist warmers minus 2 pegs I believe - flat panel loom knitting.

I was much happier with the wrist warmers than I was with the scarf. The next scarf I make will not be e-wrap a row and then purl a row. It took forever. I have yet to learn how to use the KK purple board and my other wood boards. I'd like to make my next scarf using one of them.

No comments: