Friday, October 18, 2013

Liv Dolls And Our Twilight

I might have been a bit harsh in my evaluation of the Liv doll that is no longer being made.  I bought one on clearance last month mostly for the house she came with.  You can read about that HERE...

Only a few days after those pics were taken Twilight took ill with a fever and wouldn't eat.  On a side note (unlike dogs) - I've since done some reading online about cats that don't eat and found out that it is extremely important to get them to a vet if you see they haven't eaten for a day or two - don't wait...  The vet didn't know exactly what was wrong with him - maybe an infection since he did have a fever.  I can now say after 2 back to back vet visits (where he was given fluids both times) a round (7 days - twice a day) of antibiotics and an appetite stimulant prescribed by another vet at the same place he's doing really well, and I think back to his old self.  He had just been to the vet 1 week before for his shots that were due and some blood work and was just fine.  After we adopted him from the animal shelter several years ago (and $500 later) he was diagnosed with a medical condition where his body doesn't absorb protein like it should and was put on meds for that which he will always have to take.  His protein levels checked out good on that visit though.  Anyway...

I've since bought 3 wigs for her and IT IS kinda cool how her look can change by just changing her hair.  I took some pics of Hayden wearing two of my fav wigs sitting outside Barbie's house.


No comments: