Thursday, June 04, 2009

Garden Update

June 4, 2009


If you click on the picture, to the right you can see Chico peering into the yard as I'm taking the pic. hoping to be able to come out and run around.

Last night I got everything caged and staked that I think I'm going to do this season. We are going to have tomatoes this year exploding everywhere. There's no way just the two of us can consume them all. But, it's nice to experiment with different varieties.

2 Patio Tomatoes - started from seeds, Garden
3 Celebrity - bought, Garden and EarthBox
3 Better Boy - bought, Garden
1 Sweet 100 Cherry - bought, Hanging Tomato Planter (top)
1 Red Cherry - from seeds, EarthBox
2 Early Girl - bought, Hanging Tomato Planter (bottom) and EarthBox

Other stuff in the garden:

2 Red (bought) and 2 Green Peppers (from seeds)
Lettuce Mix
1 Eggplant (from seed)
Cucumbers (from seed)
Yellow Squash, Zucchini, Picklebush, Radishes, Turnips (all seeds)
Various Herbs and I hope some of the giant sunflowers I planted from seed come up and bloom.

It's a packed mini garden in a 10' x 20' space.

No comments: