Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Day Mini Neck Scarf

Remember this that I started by Bethany?

Well, I screwed-up the bind-off. There was nothing wrong with the pattern directions. I just didn't fully understand the bind-off used so mine wasn't as neat and pretty as it should have been. So, I decided to crochet the bad end to make it look better and just call it quits halfway through the pattern and make this mini neck scarf with white, heart buttons for Valentine's Day rather than a Winter Whimsy.

But, I do want to actually make a Winter Whimsy, but find a different bind-off that I can understand for the board. I did the bind-off for the cast-on end that used waste yarn just perfect. This isn't the first time I've had problems doing a bind-off. I cast-on and knit along perfectly and then screw-up at the end. For some reason, I just have problems understanding some directions for it. I can't follow what the pattern is saying or follow fine and then lose my place as to what I'm doing - thus messing it up. Maybe one of these days I'll have a light bulb moment, and it'll all make sense to me.

No comments: