Saturday, October 29, 2011

It's Been A While...

October was filled with both good things and bad things. Both of which have kept me away from blogging.

First the good things...

My daughter invited me to visit her for a few days. We got to go see the new Footloose movie together and then that night watched the original. That was great fun. We also spent a lot of that time playing around with stained glass and glass fusing. Her Etsy shop owned along with her hubby is Wood And Glass.

With her help, I designed and made a few pendants (which a few will be in My Shop soon) and also tried my hand at making a fused wall vase using my original drawing of a bleeding heart fairy and using her perfected technique for making them. I was also gifted one made by her. One small area next to the bed in "my room" was lined with all the wall vases she'd made so far for me to pick one to take home. All were filled with water and fresh flowers and a vase beside the bed was filled too. It was a wonderful, thoughtful surprise.

I also had a wonderful time getting together with my 2 grandsons. And, the first day, I got to enjoy breakfast together with she, her hubby and the 2 kids during their usual morning routine. My daughter and I along with the youngest (who just turned one in Sept.) got to enjoy him playing in the kids' center at a nearby mall. It was fun to watch him interacting with all the other kids. We also got in some shopping and I came home with a microwave kiln I purchased for 40% off at Hobby Lobby and some gifted and rounded up glass fusing items to use with it from my daughter. Three of the pendants in the pic were made with it - The two that are red with a single yellow flower in the middle and the one with a white flower.

And now the bad things...

I had been experiencing back spasms the day I left on my little trip and continued to suffer to a mild degree while I was visiting. Then, I came home to hubby who was limping around on a badly hurting and swelled knee. Then, my back spasms got worse to the degree I could hardly walk along with a sore throat, then a cold and then had to visit a walk-in clinic 'cause I'd developed bacterial bronchitis which I'm still in the process of completely getting over. There was a day there where both hubby and I needed someone to wait on us, but we survived through it. Now, my bad spasms are all gone (thankfully, they were gone before I got really sick). I'm getting over my bronchitis and hubby's knee has been treated and is doing good. So, the month is ending on a good note.

Click on each pic for more detail...





No comments: