Thursday, March 07, 2013

March is National Craft Month

March is National Craft Month so I'm doing a craft post.

The other day I cut through the toy dept. at Walmart and The Incredible Shrinky Dinks Maker caught my eye; mostly because it was on clearance at $20 (regular price is around $30) and also because I didn't know they were making them again. This was a new toy back in the 70s I think and you still see vintage ones for sale now and then. It's been redesigned a couple of times I think before they released this new model a year of so ago. The first design was on the list of worst toys for kids. Actually, I think the pic below (from Toys "R" Us) is a bit different than the model I bought, not in design (well the dome does look different too on mine), but in labeling on the machine. Unlike older models, that I don't believe are for sale anymore, this new one doesn't use a light bulb for heat, but plugs into an electrical outlet.


I've made Shrinky Dinks in my toaster oven before, but this was fun and easier even if I can only do one at a time. I had an assembly line going.
Here's some stuff I made...

No comments: