Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Shopping and Holiday Treats

I have my Christmas shopping all done.  Not that I have a lot of people to buy for, but still - it's all done and some are wrapped.  How about you?

by: kittyred

I made some fudge tonight in my crock pot - an interesting concept isn't it?  It didn't seem to turn out too bad.  It's in the fridge overnight before sampling.


The Ingredients
serves 10-20 

3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips 
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon salted butter
cooking spray to spray down the crock
parchment paper or non-stick foil to line a 9 x 9 baking pan

The Directions

Use a 4-quart slow cooker. If you only have a 6-quart, that's okay, but it will melt faster, so keep an eye on your chocolate.
Spray the crock well with cooking spray (if you are using a Ninja, I'd still spray it down). 
Dump everything into the pot. Cover, and cook on high for about 1 hour, or on low for about 2 hours. Stir every 30 minutes. Once the chocolate has lost it's form and can be stirred into a liquid state, spread it out into a lined 9 x 9 baking pan.
Chill in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 4 hours) before cutting into bite-sized squares.

That and making some sugar cookies is about it for me for holiday treat making this year.  Finding out you have diabetes II is no fun at all....It has pretty much taken the fun out of holiday baking and candy making for me.



No comments: