Saturday, January 31, 2015

Eyeglasses Case Made From A Necktie - Chico Update - Go Hawkeyes

Tonight I made hubby's Valentine's Day gift.

I made him an eyeglasses case out of one of his neckties he no longer wears. He used to have to wear a tie to work, but hasn't had to for years so I imagine he even forgot he has this one.  I had to sew it all by hand so it was kinda time consuming, but I'm happy with the way it came out.  I like the little pocket I made for a cleaning cloth.  If you want to make one too, just Google necktie eyeglasses case.




Last year I made Chico a fleece Hawkeyes hoodie for Christmas that he never did wear so I put it on him when he went to his latest vet visit a week or so ago.  To our surprise, our new vet said he has gotten worse and put him on pill #2.  This one is for his heart.  The other one is a water pill.  He now takes 2 pills twice a day.  The vet said it would give me/us a few more months with him by slowing down the progression of his heart failure.  It's so hard knowing he's not going to live for much longer.  I just don't want him to suffer so when the time is right we will have him put to sleep.



No comments: