Friday, May 17, 2013

Handbag/Tote From A Pair Of Jeans

As Summer nears, the handbags and totes each made out of a pair of jeans start showing up here and there online. I found a really helpful 2 part, instructive youtube video to get ya started making one for yourself or to give as a gift.

Below is my version of a jeans handbag/tote. I found this cool pair of jeans with embroidery all down the outside of one leg, and I fell in love. I had to make something out of them. I also decided to make a key ring to match. I incorporated some of the embroidery as a large patch (and for a key ring) and did some decorative stitches here and there and added some buttons.

The flower cart pin is one that I wore quite often when I used to have to dress-up for my job. The manufactured, silver key ring on the back loop says - Live, Laugh, Love. I always loved that phrase. The small, off white hankie tied to the same belt loop was also something that I wore quite often tucked into a suit jacket.

No comments: