Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Brenda's Knifty Christmas Bells Pattern




I finally got one of Brenda's ornaments done from my on-line looming class. It took me 2 days (or was it 3 (?) to find where I'd put my jingle bells in my craft room...lol.

I used "Home For The Holidays Glittering Yarn" by Darice that I bought after Christmas last year at Michael's for only 10 cents. It was only .3 oz. on a card, and I used almost all of it for this one bell.

I combined it with Hobby Lobby's - "I Love This Yarn!" in Mistletoe Ombre. I think it came out rather nicely only that glittering "yarn" (which is really kinda like plastic tinsel on a string) doesn't stretch hardly at all so I ended-up having to take out the pegs of the KK flower loom to finish it.

I'm anxious to try another one using only 4-ply yarn. I also want to make a gold cord bell and an angel if time permits.

You can find all of Brenda's wonderful patterns here at her blog:
http://loomlady.blogspot.com/

No comments: